1/12/13

Topkapi Palace, Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia, Dolmabahçe Palace

Pin It Now!
Wrapping up Istanbul...

Of these four places, I would have to say that Dolmabahçe Palace and the Topkapi Palace were my favorites.  The mosques were beautiful and impressive...but well, I like the glitz of the palaces.  We weren't allowed to take any photos inside Dolmabahçe.  They have a 4 ton chandelier in one of the rooms...it was incredible.  The palace is amazing too...totally decorated and preserved.  Although, we had to stand in line for almost an hour and a half to get in.  The Turkish holiday didn't help matters any.
The blue tiles throughout the Topkapi place are amazing...such bright colors after all these years.  
All in all, it was a really wonderful trip.  The girls were treated like rock stars...every where we went men and women fawned over them.  Something about little blonde headed beauties.  It really was incredible.  I thought the Saudi's were bad, but in Istanbul, my girls were treated like real princess'.  Pretty cool.  We loved spending time with my hubby's parents...and we miss them very much.  Istanbul was a very interesting place...I'm not sure if I'd make a second visit, but I'm really glad I went and got to see such amazing buildings and places.

Topkapi Palace- The Harem section


Topkapi Palace


Hagia Sophia


Topkapi Palace


Photos of Blue Mosque


Dolmabahçe Palace


Topkapi Palace

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE reading your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...