3/4/12

The Meat Counter

Pin It Now!
I've mentioned before that shopping here can be interesting.  Well, nothing shocked me more than when I was at the market and stopped to get some ground meat...and saw THIS staring at me....
It took every ounce of self control to not squeal out loud.  (I really didn't want to freak out my girls.)  Now, I've eaten camel here and its actually very good, but seriously, I don't want to SEE it LOOKING at me!!!  ick ick ick  

Sara said "Is that a camel head mommy?" 
I replied "yep."  
She says "How did it get there?  How did they get it off it's body?  It's not real is it?"
I said "Oh look!  Cookies!"  

A few weeks later I found this behind the counter:
Luckily my girls didn't even see this.  I didn't want to have to explain the goat as well as the camel.  Oh, and the guys behind the counter got a real kick out of me taking pictures and making icky faces.  Thinking the crazy American lady needs to get a life...
Yeah, I think I'll stick to some more vegetarian dishes for the next few weeks. shudder





0 comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE reading your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...