10/26/11

Texas Trip

Pin It Now!
It's been almost a week since the girls and I left Texas.  We were sad to go...it was really great to get to spend so much time with family that we see so very little of each year.
My mother-in-law (aka Oma to the girls) was so helpful in finding fun things for the girls to do.  They got to attend a little preschool a couple days a week while they were there.  (giving mommy a much needed break and giving them a chance to play with other kiddos)  We went to a museum, the Riverwalk, out to dinners, to Randolph Air Force Base (where my father-in-law used to work...he's a retired colonel.)  to watch the jets land and take off and to see where their Daddy used to live for a few years.  And, I have to admit, seeing those jets up close was just flat out awesome, I could have watched them all day!  We also did all kinds of crafts, they swam in the pool, went to the pumpkin patch, went for walks, and to many parks.  It was a great time for all of us.
I had a great time cooking dinner for them during the week.  My cousin and her man drove down (4 hours) to visit with us and see the girls one more time.  And I also got to see some of my other cousins and spend the day with them too!  The girls really enjoyed seeing all their family (as did I).  

And, I must say, I'm so thankful that my mother-in-law was able to help me out with all the visa stuff.  She was the rock I needed to help me get everything done.  So, thank you, Valita, for all your help with the girls and myself!  Couldn't have done it all without you (well, maybe I could have, but it also would have guaranteed me having a nervous breakdown in the process). 
Thanks to my in-laws for letting us invade their lives and home for four weeks... :)  It was something we'll never forget.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE reading your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...